Twitter is a social networking and micro-blogging site that enables its users to send and read other users’ updates (known as tweets), It helps people to get instant updates from their friends, industry experts, favorite celebrities, and what’s happening around the world. Considering Bangladesh market’s growing popularity of Twitter and global shift towards Twitter, Grameenphone has partnered with Twitter Inc. to integrate SMS based twitting option where Grameenphone customers would get regular updates of their followers as well as use GP platform to tweet their messages to their own twitter accounts. To avail this service, customer have to type ON from their message option and send it to 9594.The following activities can be done using Twitter SMS service:
- ON/START: Turns ALL your authorized Twitter updates and notifications on.
- OFF, STOP, QUIT, END, CANCEL or UNSUBSCRIBE: Turns ALL phone notifications off.
- ON [username]: Turns on notifications for a specific person on your phone. Example: ON alissa
- OFF [username]: Turns off notifications for a specific person on your phone. Example: OFF blaine
- FOLLOW [username]: Allows you to start following a specific user, as well as receive SMS notifications. Example: FOLLOW jerry, or f jerry, for short.
- UNFOLLOW [username]: Allows you to stop following a specific user.
- LEAVE [username]: This command allows you to stop receiving SMS notifications for a specific user without having to unfollow them. When you log into twitter.com from the web you will still see this user's updates in your timeline. Example: LEAVE benfu, or l benfu, for short.
Fun stuff: friends, favorites, and stats!Use the commands below to send direct messages, mark Tweets as favorites, and more.
- @[username] + message - shows your Tweet as a reply directed at another person, and causes your Tweet to save in their mentions tab. Example: @meangrape I love that song too!
- D [username] + message - sends that person a Direct Message that goes to their device, and saves in their web archive.
- You can also use M [username] + message to send a private message!
- Examples: d krissy want to pick a Jamba Juice for me while you're there? or m krissy wanna pick up a Jamba Juice for me while you're there? performs the same action.
- RT [username] - sends that user's latest Tweet to your followers (also known as a Retweet). Example: RT Charles
- SET LOCATION [place name] - updates the location field in your profile. Example: set location San Francisco
- SET BIO - edits your Bio information on your Twitter profile. Example: set bio I'm a writer in NYC!
- SET LANGUAGE [language name] - selects the language you'd like to receive notifications in. Example: set language German
- SET NAME [name here] - sets the name field on your Twitter profile. Example: set name Jane Doe
- SET URL [url here] - sets the URL field on your profile. Example: set url http://www.janedoe.com
- WHOIS [username] - retrieves the profile information for any public user on Twitter. Example: whois jack or w jack, for short.
- GET [username] - retrieves the latest Twitter update posted by that person. You can also use g [username] to get a user's latest Tweet. Examples: get goldman or g goldman.
- FAV [username] - marks that user's last Tweet as one of your favorites (reply to any update with FAV, FAVE, or FAVORITE to mark it as a favorite if you're receiving it in real time). Examples: fav crystal, fave crystal, or favorite crystal
- STATS [username] - this command returns the given user's number of followers, how many people they're following, and their bio information.
- HELP - texting help or info to Twitter will bring up helpful tips.
- SUGGEST - this command returns a listing of Twitter users' accounts we think you might enjoy following.
Charges:Each SMS is charged only BDT 0.50 (excluding vat) and any incoming SMS is free.
Enjoy Twitter SMS free for the first one month from launch.
15% VAT applicable on all charges.
More at 121 or 01711594594